DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGICAL NURSING
The aim of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing is to enhance the Knowledge and Skill and prepare the students to provide Respectful and Quality Nursing care to Women & Children by facilitating student friendly, innovative teaching learning environment. The department train B.Sc.N & M.Sc.N students on Maternal and Child Health Nursing as per the curriculum given by the apex body.
The activity of the Department includes:
- Training of B.Sc.N & M.Sc. Nursing students by extending and expanding the body of knowledge and skill in the field of Obstetrics & Gyneocology Nursing.
- Celebrates International Midwives Day, Breast Feeding Week, Safe Motherhood Day, Breast Cancer awareness month by organizing Exhibition, Scientific Session, Quiz Competition, Role play, Debate, Flash Mob, Health Talk, Awareness camp and Cultural programmes in coordination with other departments
- Conducts Continuing Nursing Education to the Nursing Officers as well as enriching the peer group by organizing Journal Club presentation.
- Participate actively towards promotion of independent, departmental and collaborative research.
- Procure and monitor utilization of resources for effective functioning of the department.
- Incorporate Evidence Based Nursing Practice and identify the areas of research in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing.
- Guide the Undergraduates & Postgraduates to perform research projects.
- Extend professional services to community.
- Participates in the College Development activities.
- Facilitate all round development of the students