DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH (PSYCHIATRIC) NURSING
The mission of the Department of Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing is to promote quality nursing education by providing students with in-depth knowledge and skill in the field of psychiatric and mental health disciplines, optimizing their attitude and skill in this area so that they can provide quality services for the prevention and promotion of mental health in individuals, families, and communities.
In addition to its academic and clinical duties, the department also provides screening, counseling, and health education to the local population. In addition, they work to dispel myths and misinformation about mental health and mental disease in the general public.
Every member of the Mental Health Nursing Department's teaching faculty is committed to ensuring that their students receive the best possible education and training throughout their time with us. The department's mission is to promote the professional development of nurses through the development and implementation of a wide range of continuing education programs, the conduct of original and directed research, and the promotion of evidence-based practice. college and university students use counseling services designed to help them succeed academically.
Department celebrated and conducted various national and international mental health related days every year
At the end of the course the UG and PG student will be able to:
- Take use of the nursing process in providing in-patient and out-of-clinic treatment to people experiencing mental health issues.
- Exhibit expert nursing skills and knowledge when caring for patients experiencing mental health issues.
- Locate mental health crises and handle them properly.
- Prove that you can handle a crisis by demonstrating the appropriate skills.
- Be aware of the legal and ethical considerations unique to psychiatric nursing.
- Explain the many different kinds of complementary and alternative medicine utilized in psychiatry.
The Shri Vinoba Bhave Civil Hospital in Silvassa, DNH is the college's very own hospital. Clinical connections in psychiatry with the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in Bangalore, Karnataka, The Central Institute of Psychiatry (CIP) in Ranchi, Jharkhand are optional.