DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING
- Appreciate the trends & issues in the field of Medical – Surgical Nursing as a specialty.
- Apply concepts & theories related to health promotion.
- Appreciate the client as a holistic individual.
- Perform physical, psychosocial assessment of Medical – Surgical patients.
- Apply Nursing process in providing care to patients.
- Integrate the concept of family centered nursing care with associated disorder such as genetic, congenital and long-term illness.
- Recognize and manage emergencies with Medical-Surgical patients. 8. Describe various recent technologies & treatment modalities in the management of critically ill patients.
- Appreciate the legal & ethical issues relevant to Medical – Surgical Nursing.
- Prepare a design for layout and management of Medical – Surgical Units.
- Build up research potential in the Department.
- Maintain prompt and precise records.
- Motivate patients for early treatment and follow up.
- Assist in various therapies and diagnostic investigations conducted in the medical, surgical, and critical care units.