DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
Community health nursing is a synthesis of nursing practice applied in promoting and preserving the health of the population. Community health implies integration of curative, preventive and promotional health services. The aim of community diagnosis is the identification of community health problems. Remarkable development in public health was successful control of many communicable diseases. Nursing and medical services were strengthened to promote positive health.
Basic B.Sc. nursing and M.Sc. nursing students during the community health field visit are able to provide need based family and community health care applying nursing process and principles of nursing process.
1. To Build and maintain good rapport with families.
2. To plan to start village adoption program in different areas of DNH.
3. To celebrate all national health program and days in rural and urban areas of community.
4. To provide best and possible comprehensive care to door to door steps through village adoption programme.
5. Counsel and educate individual, family and community.
6. To identify T.B. and leprosy cases in rural setting to provide free of cost care.
7. To conduct special clinics in various health centres level. (CHC, PHC &HWC)
8. Creating awareness in various communities in DNH about prevalence of health problems.