The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- Minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution that is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after course completion of Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- The candidates qualifying P. B. B.Sc.(N) from IGNOU through distance education is not eligible for M.Sc.(N) program if the study centers are not recognized by INC.
- Minimum one year of work experience after course completion of GNM or Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing or both.
- Only Female candidates are eligible.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.